Saturday, April 09, 2005

Taking the Plunge

I admit it. I have finally caved in, and am finally joining the blogging craze. As usual, the late joiner. That's ok with me, though. I like it that way. So, I am indeed taking the blogging plunge. Up until real recently, I had NO desire to blog......EVER. My whole life I have tried and tried to journal both on paper and on the computer, to no avail. I hate it. It is too much work to try to keep up on it, and honestly, the enormity of the shit in my head tends to overwhelm me, and I just can't deal with trying to get it all out. It feels like trying to force a big bunch of thick, gritty mud through the smallest opening. It is just too much, so I do my usual thing. Avoidance. You will soon find that avoidance is one of the negative recurring themes in my life.
Oh, and speaking of gritty, I may as well issue a warning about this blog right now before I go any further. I cuss. A lot. Both online and in real life. I am not going to change to suit any readers of this blog. If profanity offends you, please don't read on, because there will more than likely be times when I will make a sailor look tame!
But I digress. I was talking about my aversion to blogging and journaling, etc. Lately, especially the last few days, I have been getting more and more of an urge to start a blog. The reason for that is simple. My girlfriend has a couple of blogs. Her main one is HILARIOUS! She just makes me laugh out loud! I often have choking fits from all the laughing while reading her blog. Well, through her, I have met a couple of other blogger's blogs! All equally hilarious! So, I would get jealous, and want to be as funny and entertaining as them in my own blog. But, alas, I know that could never happen, because while I can appreciate their humour and the way they see things, to have that come from me just really isn't possible. Not that I am humourless. Far from it. But, my humour tends to be much milder. I am a VERY serious person. Yes, sometimes a little TOO serious, but, I really don't mind being that way. Not that I am boring, either. There will be humour in this blog......but not NEAR as much or as raucous of humour as the others I mentioned.
So, why did I finally decide to blog? Well, simple really. Um, no, not simple.....anyway.....interspersed in the best of these hilarious blogs are some of the most touching and thought provoking moments of introspection and growth, etc that I have ever seen. These very funny people CAN get serious on occasion. And when they do, watch out! It probably means I am going to be challenged to grow and it probably isn't going to be real pleasant. Such is what happened earlier tonight. I was reading Kim's blog, and she had a very serious and somewhat sad post. It made me ache, and really brought home what has been happening to me while reading blogs these last few days. My head has been getting so inundated with thoughts and such, that I am finding it hard to function! So, I guess I will start a blog. That seems to be the way to go. I just need to remind myself that I don't need to put a bunch of pressure on myself to make it just so. I just need to be me, in all my very flawed humanity. There are no rules here. Only possibilities. If I remember that, maybe I won't get so overwhelmed!
Speaking of which, I am starting to feel overwhelmed so I am going to quit for now.

4 comments:

Tricorum Satisdee said...

FUCKING AWESOME, MAN....
Welcome to the community!
As a blogger of three years, let me let you in on something....
Fuck 'em. If you're funny, it's because you have that natural ability to make people snort milk out of their noses. If you're serious, it's because your view of the world is such. Just remember, it's YOUR BLOG.
I'm totally adding you to my blogroll, because I adore Miss Kat and I look forward to hearing your take on her life as well as yours.

Kim said...

well hello there! I was trolling through the technorati links and saw myself referenced in your post, then I saw that you said I wrote something serious and sad and I felt guilty, mostly because you were in fact sad, and also because I'm so full of shit half the time that it strikes me as kind of funny that I could evoke sad emotion in someone... in any case, a) sorry I made you sad and b) give me a day or two and I'll either make you laugh or feel really silly for reacting to me in any kind of human way... Good luck with your blogging, oh and btw, I love your girlfriend's blog too...

Butchy said...

Hi Kim! I LOVE LOVE LOVE your blog by the way! I feel guilty because I haven't been to read it in quite a while. Since you went on cruise, basically. My life is finally getting back to normal and I am very busy and trying to figure out how to fit everything in like I used to! LOL Anyway, no need for you to feel guilty about me being sad......I was sad because of my similar experiences with friends as you have. Besides, I am in a point in my life that some things have GOT to change, and things like your post that day are triggers to new revelations, so I am VERY appreciative! I LOVE your humour and the hilarity in your blog, but I especially love those brief moments of "normality" and "humanity" (if you know what I mean) that you grace your readers with every now and then! I really need to go catch up on your blog! But first, I need to update mine! LOL I have a lot to say today. And watch out....I am in a very deep mood. BTW, do you mind that I referenced you? Also, thanks for the compliments for Kat's blog! She LOVES your blog, too! We just know that you are the kind of person we would LOVE to hang out with! Thanks for checking my blog out!!

Butchy said...

Beth, thanks so much for all your encouragement and your welcome to blogging! LOL I need to go check your blog out. I hope you know you are greatly adored in our household! LOL Oh, and I kinda like Kat myself! LOL Although, I would NEVER presume to post my take on her life! I wanna live! LOL Maybe I will start doing that after I work through some of my current shit! LOL