Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Whitewash!

Ok, so I thought I would take a little break from all the seriousness and share a little funny story from my past.

A few things I need to tell you before I tell the story. I have one sibling; a sister, younger. I was unusually devoted and manipulated by said sibling. I was always very large and strong for my age. I could sometimes be a bit of a bully, especially when coerced to be by my sister. She would tell you I was a terrible bully to her, but I would tell you, it was in defense as if we started arguing she would come after me with knives or loaded guns!

Anyway, in the summer of 1979, we moved from the house we had been in since I was around 5 to a new house all the way across town. We lived right across the street from the big park that had our new school at the end of it.

Well, we started our new school in the fall, both of us VERY unhappy to be in a new school, and my sister took an instant disliking, for whatever reason, to this one certain family, who had like TONS (5) of kids who went to this school. 1 girl and 4 boys, if I remember right. Their last name was Stewart. And my sister DESPISED them! I don't think I even know why for sure to this day.

So, fast forward to winter, probably Jan. or Feb. There is tons of snow on the ground. And is it ever COLD! So, my sister and I are playing in the house, and she happens to look outside, to the park across the street, and she notices 2 people walking across the park through the snow. All of a sudden, she says, "Hey! That's some of the Stewarts'! GO GET EM'!" And did I even stop to question WHY I was doing this? Nope! Hell, I didn't even stop to put on a coat or shoes! So, I go busting out of the house in short sleeves and stocking feet, and bulldoze my way through the snow, cross the street, and make a beeline for these 2 people. I notice right away that one is the youngest Stewart, a boy and the other is one of the middle boys. So, I decide to go for the bigger one first, and tackle him, and whitewashed him soundly! Now, just in case not everyone reading this knows, whitewashing consists of tackling someone to the ground, getting them face down, and rubbing their face mercilessly in the snow. Just as I was finishing off the bigger boys' whitewashing, here comes my sister, who had had the brains to put on a coat and boots, and she proceeded to tackle and whitewash the younger one!

So, we walked away, all proud of ourselves, and went back to our house. If I remember right, I don't think I ever saw any of the Stewarts cross the park in front of our house again!

7 comments:

Kat said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
... said...

Hahaha, I think there's a lot to be said for this type of sisterly bonding.

Shanna said...

Hey, i was probably the "stewarts" of my town...lol! Big meanies!

Just wanted to stop by and say thanks for being my friends.

carpediemtomorrow said...

it's all coming out now....so is there any chance of you and your sister getting into female wrestling......you'd make a great tag team

carpediemtomorrow said...

is the paint dry yet on the new post?

Kim said...

UGH! How mean! *laughs a little*, no, really! How mean!

Butchy said...

Pryncess, yes I am a brute, and yes she does need to be bitch-slapped!

missworld, lol true, and i do so wish the bonding had stuck.

chanemza, LOL Were you ever whitewashed? And yes we were meanies at times, I admit it.

Scott, LOL no, no chance for a tag team wrestling team for me and sis unless we were on opposing teams! And yes, the paint is almost dry on new post!

Jaime, thanks for the compliment! I will be checking yours out soon as well! I did a wuick check of it, and so far looks great!

Kim, LMAO woman, you crack me UP! I suppose you were an angel as a child? *snickers*