Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Kindred Spirits & CARPE DIEM, TOMORROW!

Ok, so here's the deal. I haven't even had the chance to talk to him about this yet, but I think I may have found the very very rare commodity of a male kindred spirit. I don't know why, but most of my kindred spirits tend to be female.

Scott, over at CARPE DIEM, TOMORROW! , stopped by my blog the other day and gave me a short but nice comment. So, I checked out his blog. I was totally taken aback. He is interested in many of the same things I am, such as a deep love for all things Celtic. Plus, I find him to be very real, and funny as HELL! I found myself belly laughing out loud reading his blog, and believe me when I tell you, THAT is also a huge rarity! Plus, I don't know how exactly to put this into words, but I "get" him. I get where he is coming from easily, and actually feel he would "get" me, too. Oh yeah, and he is a searcher, which happens to be another trait of mine that is very dear to my heart! See, I figure, I may be seriously fucked up in some ways, but I figure if I am always willing and open to searching for answers inwardly and outwardly, there is always hope.

So, today, I say thank you, Scott. I may not know you well yet, but I hope to get the chance to call you friend.

3 comments:

carpediemtomorrow said...

I hadn't seen it at the time! Duty called! Thankyou so much for the very kind comments on your post.
I don't know what to say, except that I had to let the blogging world and his dog know about this and to say I enjoy your blog is an understatement.
I have noticed that you use a few of the English spellings, are you an expat?

Butchy said...

Scott, you are very sweet. I am a little self-conscious about my blog if you couldn't tell, but you are helping me get past that! I love your blog as well!

I started using the English way of spelling some words several years ago. They also happen to be the same way Canadians spell those words. I am an American, through and through, but I have a very deep appreciation and respect for both Brits and Canadians. So, I use those spelling in honour of you all! If I knew more spellings, I would probably use them, too! Besides, don't you think those words look better that way? LOL

carpediemtomorrow said...

I do, the Americans were given a perfectly good, world wide language and they slaughtered it....what's wrong with "U"'s all over there.....Humour, colour, what's aluminum? what's an "erb?" and "er" don't forget Theatre!
Your pronounciation to....don't get me started, I have to live with one!