Thursday, June 09, 2005

A Queenly Friend, to be Sure!

I have been very remiss. There is someone who entered our lives a little ways back, who deserves a little recognition here and now.

A little background. We used to live on the coast of Wa state. a little over a year ago, due to circumstances, (this is when the year from hell really began) we had to move back to the east side of the state. Well, we had this roommate, J, who we had always just adored.......until he moved in! LOL Mostly just misunderstandings, but it was tiring nonetheless! Anyway, when we got ready to move, everything that could go wrong did, and to make along story a tad shorter, we ran out of room in our truck, AND our rented storage container there, so J graciously agreed to store the overflow, which included a few priceless and expensive items.

Well, in a few months, we would be thinking, "Gracious, my ASS!" We had tried, unsuccessfully for MONTHS to get a hold of J, to no avail. We even called his mom, to see if he had been re-deployed. (He is in the Navy.) He wasn't, and she assured us she would get him to call us. It's a good thing we didn't hold our breath! Well, we really started thinking he was stealing our stuff at this point, and out of frustration, Kat posted a scathing post about him and a pic of him IN his Navy uni! LMAO

Well, someone commented on her post that she thought she recognized him, as she lived in that town and her hub-unit, (as she calls him) is also in the Navy. She and Kat started exchanging emails, and to our surprise and delight, she DID know him, and led us down the right path of getting the Navy to help us get in touch with J!

Kat went to war! LOL She called the number Queenie had given her, and eventually got to the secretary or the commander of the unit J is in, if I remember right! Kat told her our story, and she promised she would deal with this, and have him call us. That is really all we anted, was a call to know that everything was still ok, both the things and the friendship. Kat also called his mom again and informed her that she had called the Navy in on this, now! Mom FREAKED! Kat was like, "Well, we gave him plenty of opportunities to contact us and for whatever reason he hasn't, so he has left us no recourse."

You guessed it! We got a call from him in like 15-20 mins FLAT! And he said that he was getting calls from everywhere, to CALL US!!! LMAO Toooooo funny! Turns out he is just a procrastinating lazy-ass, (like me) and just never got around to calling! And our stuff is safe and sound and we have peace of mind again! Thanks to Queenie!!! All hail the Queenie!

But that's not all......shit, now I feel like one of those stupid announcer guys on those infomercials, "But, wait, that's not all, along with your order for the amazing Wonder Ass Sucker, we will include free, a custom butt plug and maybe an anal douche or three!"

ANYWAY........Queenie has done something else quite worthy of praise. See, if you look at my past posts, and look at the comments on each one, on almost every single post, there is an encouraging comment from Queenie! She has been with me through the whole birthing process of this blog, and its development, and my blog identity crisis! Along with Kat, she has helped me find my way!

So, to you, Queenie, I say a most heartfelt thanks! And to any of the rest of you still reading, go read Q's blog! She is FUNNY!

6 comments:

Tricorum Satisdee said...

Glad I could be of help (blushes).

carpediemtomorrow said...

I've said it once, I'll say it again, do you get what you want?....lol

I am getting a little embarrassed now, i need to post to keep up with the Jones'

Butchy said...

I guess I don't understand what you mean Scott. I very rarely get what I want. If you are referring to my mushiness, then, well, all I can say is, it is not a manipulation. This is me, this is who I am. I believe in honesty and sharing your emotions, and when you find good people, you make sure they know you think they are awesome and that you appreciate them. That's all. *shrugs*

carpediemtomorrow said...

I meant how you took Queenie for a weekend away and ended up together and now finding the elusive room mate....that's all folks...

Butchy said...

LOL Ok, Scott, I get ya now! Actually, no I rarely get what I want. It is usually Pryncess Kat getting it, and I just get to enjoy the spoils! LOL BTW, Queenie, is not my sig other, Pryncess Kat is. Queenie is the one who helped us find the elusive roommate!

carpediemtomorrow said...

oops, and I read it like 5 mins previous!