Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Ribbit!

I think an explanation may be in order here. You see that pic of a frog I have in my profile? Well, there is a story behind why I chose to use that particular pic.

Kat and I first met in March or so of 1999. I won't go into our WHOLE story of getting together, but just enough to explain this pic. Anyway, we lost touch soon after that, but got reacquainted again over the 4th of July holiday in 2001. On our first trip over to the west coast of Washington state where I lived, we had quite an interesting time.

I need to back up just a tad and tell you that at the time, Kat was in a very destructive, abusive relationship with an alcoholic man. She was also very ready to get out of the relationship, when I came swooping into town in my yellow "horse" and "shining armour" and saved her from the evil man. (My eyes are so rolling right now; you will understand why, soon) So, we made reference to me being her "prince" and how she had had way too many frogs in her life, and hoping I never ribbited too much. (Now I am about ready to barf! LOL)

Well, on the way over to the coast for a hopefully romantic weekend, and a Mariner's game, I had my first big ribbit. And she said that I was tingeing a little green around the gills! LOL Anyway, we got through that, and I continued to ribbit, mostly little ribbits for oh, the first few months of our relationship.

*Sigh* I guess I don't have to tell you that my ribbits eventually grew in size and duration to the point of being almost unbearable for her. Just the very fact that she has put up with me this long makes her at least a partial saint! Now, I am working very hard at self-discovery and trying to figure these "ribbits" out and why I have them, and hopefully diminishing their presence and influence in my life.

So, that's why I chose the frog pic. As a reminder and a little bit of a joke. Besides, it has a smoke hanging out of its mouth! Also very appropriate!

5 comments:

Tricorum Satisdee said...

I was TOTALLY going to ask about the frog...cute!

carpediemtomorrow said...

I don't know what to say, do you always get what you want?
Great entry, keep it up!

Butchy said...

Oh, Scott, don't I WISH! The best way to describe pretty much whole life is to say it has always been either a comedic tragedy or a tragic comedy! It just depends on what day of the week it is! LOL

carpediemtomorrow said...

you and me both, I think it has to do with our perception on that day too, I mean you may take a hit for the team which turns out to a victory.....you are either optimistic or pesimistic

Butchy said...

Very, very true, Scott!